IT Support Apprentice
We are looking for a positive and proactive IT Support Apprentice to join our busy IT team. The core of this role is to learn and master the day to day maintenance and development of the company's IT systems, providing effective front line assistance on a range of technically challenging issues and queries.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Capturing and categorising problems and support requests in a ticket based system
- Providing technical support over the phone, in person or via remote tools
- Managing a personal ticket queue, ensuring that all tickets are updated regularly
- Escalation of IT tickets to the 2nd and 3rd level of support
- Installation, configuration or relocation of computers, printers and other peripherals
At least five GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) of grade A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Mathematics and English.
Our flexible working environment provides an opportunity to express creativity, gain industry knowledge and work alongside senior staff members in supporting the continued development of our core systems and services.
As an apprenticeship, there is also a learning opportunity with Coventry College to study for a Level 3 IT qualification. You will be provided with on the job learning as well as formal learning at the college either through day or block release.
Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for a talented and goal driven Junior IT Infrastructure Engineer to strengthen our expanding IT team. The ideal candidate will be hands-on helping to maintain and further develop the IT Infrastructure. They will be expected to be proficient in desktop and server deployments, advanced 2nd line IT troubleshooting, and implementing IT project work. This job will suit a fast thinking candidate who is extremely driven by learning and shows excellent experience in an IT support environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Managing a personal ticket queue, ensuring that all tickets are updated regularly
- Active Directory and Group Policy Maintenance
- Network Protocol management (e.g. DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP)
- Administering Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016
- Windows 7-10 end user and software support
- Windows Server 2008 to 2016 administration
- Maintaining network equipment such as firewalls, switches, printers and UPS's
- Working with specialist equipment (e.g. Time & Attendance systems, SFDC systems)
- Administering virtual backup solutions such as Veeam Backup and Replication
- Administering VMware ESXi environments
- Working with and developing knowledge around advanced HPE technologies (e.g 3PAR, FlexFabric, IRF Stacks)
At least five GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) of grade A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Mathematics and English. An IT Degree or further IT certifications (such as Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, ITIL v3) are desirable.
Our flexible working environment provides an opportunity to express creativity, gain knowledge and play an important role in supporting the continued development of a growing network at a crucial time.
We are looking for a Maintanence Manager
to ensure the smooth and accurate running of the Engineering Department by providing a pro-active approach to the prevention of equipment failure and ensuring the schedule PPM is carried out as planned, resolving mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion. You will ensure quality, waste and efficiency targets are met by working as an integral part of the manufacturing team, following all Health & Safety procedures at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent understanding of Health and Safety in a chilled food production environment
- Have an electrical bias
- Be able to work as part of a small team
- You will be one of two Maintenance Managers in the business to cover all of our shift patterns and manage the engineers on those shift patterns
- Reports to the Engineering Manager
- Works a 40 hour week
- Support our Apprentice Engineers with their learning and progression to fully qualified and competent Engineers.
Shift Engineer to join our established team in Coventry, Shift pattern ~ Monday to Friday rotating shift pattern. The successful applicant must have a mechanical background in prevention and maintenance within the food processing industry.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out work assignments issued by Manager and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP’s, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
- Resolve electrical problems in a timely fashion
- Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
- This list is not exhaustive.
There are 2 positions, one to cover Weekends working Friday to Monday 7am to 5pm and one working rotating shifts of mornings and afternoons but with 5 weeks of nights per year to cover the night shift engineer's holiday.
- Previous food processing industry experience
- Mechanical experience: mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
- 2 Years experience of working in an automated production environment.
- A good standard of both written and oral English
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic Health & Safety
- Data and analytical skills
- Computer literate. (word/excel/windows based packages)
- Desirable skills :- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control ,instrumentation, welding, FLT license
We require a number of Production Operatives across our three shifts (Morning, Afternoon and Nights) working in a fast paced food production environment.
You will be required to be a multi-skilled operative in the following tasks:-
- Weigher ~ light repetitive work
- Packing 2.5kg boxes of bacon/Gammon
- Press operative - operating the machine which presses the bacon into shape
- Slicer operative - operating the machine which slices the bacon
- Moving full boxes of bacon onto the pallet
Experience within a food manufacturing environment working to tight deadlines is preferred with an understanding of HACCP and Food Safety
As we are a foodservice provider, the work is in a cold environment (approx. 5 degrees). All tasks require the operative to work standing throughout the shift. There is some aspect of manual handling boxes and operating heavy machinery.
A good level of English language is desirable.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day with 30 minutes unpaid break. Monday to Friday. There may be the opportunity to work overtime either before/after shift start and end time and weekends. Overtime rates are paid for those hours.
Shift Times are Monday to Friday 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm or Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 6am.
To apply for any role please click here.