Are you interested in a challenge? Then Becketts Foods could be for you. We are an expanding business in Coventry and are always looking for new team members.
Our Directors are led by the founder, Joe Cornes, and truly care about our workforce. Our staff are valued and we look to invest in them with training and development with the aim of promoting our existing colleagues into our vacancies. We know that this isn't always possible, however, so our current vacancies are below.
We offer competitive salaries, a minimum of 28 days holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays), overtime rates for our production and engineering teams and free onsite parking.
Our Current Vacancies
We are looking for a Shift Engineer' to join our growing Engineering team.
The successful candidates must have an electrical background in prevention and maintenance within the manufacturing processing industry and ideally have been through the apprenticeship process. Lesser qualifications will be taken into consideration.
- Working from computerised management systems for PPM
- Completing all work in a safe manner
- Maximising production efficiencies
- Identifying continuous improvement ideas
- Previous manufacturing industry experience
- Electrical experience: electrical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
- 2 Years experience of working in an production environment.
- A good standard of both written and oral English
- good all round fault finding skills
- temperature control
Friday to Monday working 7am to 5pm
The Shift Engineer role pays a salary of £35,000 per annum and there is an opportunity to earn overtime at time and a half.
We are currently looking for a Finance Apprentice to join our small Finance and Accounts team on a 3 year apprenticeship programme. Alongside work, you will study with Coventry College for your AAT qualification, starting with Level 1. You will be required to attend the college for an induction and for any exams that are required.
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 4pm with a half hour unpaid lunch break daily. You be entitled to 28 days holiday per holiday year (April to March).
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter explaining why you think this role is for you.
Production Operative - Night Shift
You will be required to be a multi-skilled operative in the following tasks:-
- Weigher ~ light repetitive work
- Packing 2.5kg boxes of bacon/Gammon
- Press operative - operating the machine which presses the bacon into shape
- Slicer operative - operating the machine which slices the bacon
- Moving full boxes of bacon onto the pallet
- Hygiene - cleaning the lines and the factory
Experience within a food manufacturing environment working to tight deadlines is preferred with an understanding of HACCP and Food Safety
As we are a foodservice provider, the work is in a cold environment (approx. 5 degrees). All tasks require the operative to work standing throughout the shift. There is some aspect of manual handling boxes and operating heavy machinery.
A good level of English language is desirable.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day with 30 minutes unpaid break. Shift times are 10pm to 6am Sunday to Thursday with a pay rate of £8.40 an hour (£16,380 per annum).
There may be the opportunity to work overtime either before/after shift start and end time and weekends. Overtime rates are paid for those hours
Business Intelligence Senior Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our IT team supporting and developing the company's core business systems and associated systems.
We are looking for a candidate with the enthusiasm and commitment to excel in a leading IT department. A keen eye for detail, a highly structured approach, a personal drive to succeed and the ability to learn and grow are all key assets you will possess.
From a technical standpoint, you will be using an advanced and practical knowledge of SQL.
An understanding of data visualisation tools such as Qlikview and SSRS would be advantageous.
This is a rapidly growing organisation which offers the chance to work in a lively and progressive environment. We are a company that believes in our staff and will always back you in terms of personal development and progression.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects to completion.
Proactive and forward thinking.
Strong skills in reporting languages and applications essential (SSRS, VBA, SQL, etc.)
SQL Server / SSRS / SSIS / SSAS MDX / OLAP cubes.
2-3 years’ working experience in similar position.
Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Qlikview, SSRS etc) would be desirable
Must have worked in a service orientated environment following the ITIL framework.
Experience of business analysis and reporting.
ERP systems knowledge.
A national fast-paced multi-site group of companies looking to ensure the smooth and accurate running of the technical department. The Quality Controller will effectively monitor environmental factors that may affect product safety and quality. You will play a key role in ensuring that quality systems are maintained and adhered to.
- Checking product adheres to specification on regular basis and record results.
- Due diligence checks to include ( metal detection, temperature)CCP’s
- Raise Product quality issues with Production Supervisor and rectify the issue
- Follow escalation processes, follow Standard Operational Procedures, check pack and box label for life and trace
- Excellent customer service
- Works 40 hours week Monday to Friday
- Support the Quality Assurance Technician
The ideal candidate will
- Have (or be working towards) Level 2 in Food Safety
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Be able to work as part of a small team
- The ability to make decision within the scope of the authority
- Excellent attention to detail
- Accurate completion of paperwork
- Working in a FMCG
- Good communication skills, assertive, analytical skills other 3rd party standards
- Understands the business and customer expectations.
To apply for any role please click here.