Are you interested in a challenge? Then Becketts Foods could be for you. We are an expanding business in Coventry and are always looking for new team members.
Our Directors are led by the founder, Joe Cornes, and truly care about our workforce. Our staff are valued and we look to invest in them with training and development with the aim of promoting our existing colleagues into our vacancies. We know that this isn't always possible, however, so our current vacancies are below.
We offer competitive salaries, a minimum of 28 days holiday a year (inclusive of bank holidays), overtime rates for our production and engineering teams and free onsite parking.
Our Current Vacancies
Production Operative - Night Shift
You will be required to be a multi-skilled operative in the following tasks:-
- Weigher ~ light repetitive work
- Packing 2.5kg boxes of bacon/Gammon
- Press operative - operating the machine which presses the bacon into shape
- Slicer operative - operating the machine which slices the bacon
- Moving full boxes of bacon onto the pallet
- Hygiene - cleaning the lines and the factory
Experience within a food manufacturing environment working to tight deadlines is preferred with an understanding of HACCP and Food Safety
As we are a foodservice provider, the work is in a cold environment (approx. 5 degrees). All tasks require the operative to work standing throughout the shift. There is some aspect of manual handling boxes and operating heavy machinery.
A good level of English language is desirable.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day with 30 minutes unpaid break. Shift times are 10pm to 6am Sunday to Thursday with a pay rate of £8.73 an hour (£16,380 per annum).
There may be the opportunity to work overtime either before/after shift start and end time and weekends. Overtime rates are paid for those hours
IT Support Technician
We are looking for a positive, keen and proactive IT Support Technician/Apprentice to join our busy IT team. The core of this role is to learn and master the day to day maintenance and development of the company's IT systems, providing effective front line assistance on a range of technically challenging issues and queries.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Capturing and categorising problems and support requests in a ticket based system
- Providing technical support over the phone, in person or via remote tools
- Managing a personal ticket queue, ensuring that all tickets are updated regularly
- Escalation of IT tickets to the 2nd and 3rd level of support
- Installation, configuration or relocation of computers, printers and other peripherals
At least five GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) of grade A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Mathematics and English.
Our flexible working environment provides an opportunity to express creativity, gain industry knowledge and work alongside senior staff members in supporting the continued development of our core systems and services.
You will be measured for success by the level of customer service you provide, the achievement of the departmental service level agreements and by the progression and marks gained in your course.
To apply for any role please click here.